Thursday, July 9, 2009
I am Joining Thirteen Thursday this week with a list of items I have learned during this move to Kansas...
1) It is not a good idea to let your Military ID expire before a PCS ( Permanent Change of Station) Move.....esp when moving to a little tiny post that is not real busy at the current time.
2) If the driver who is moving your household goods says it will not all fit on the truck, make them take the stuff you "need " in that first truck even if they have to take stuff off and re load, they will get over it. ( 2 weeks for the second truck to get here....yeah right )
3) Chicken Pox has a 2 week incubation period
4) You can still get a mild form even if you have been vaccinated or have had the Pox
5) It is better to cut a finger in the joint on the underside of said finger esp if you are a very smart 11 month old who will not keep a bandage on that finger.
6) They make a mustard here in the midwest that is Chili flavored.....how smart is that????
7) Neighbors are one of lifes greatest joys.....we were blessed to have good neighbors we had to leave and now we are meeting some pretty great new ones.
8) Laundry mats are expensive.......we have paid $1.75 to $2.25 a load....I do not know how people do it on a regular basis....talk about price gouging.
9) Thunderstorms in Kansas are no joke.....
10) Dillion's makes better fried chicken then Price Chopper or so I'm told.
11) Leavenworth is home to 6 prisons......6 ??????????????
12) This time of year stores put toys on clearance to make room for the Hottest Toys this Christmas......did somebody forget to tell me about this the past 5 years??? Esp with a August B-day coming up.....I will be hitting K-Mart later today ( extra 50% off all clearance toys this week).
13) It is hard to come up with Thirteen random things....whew .....but thanks for sticking around.
Now please go visit Happy to be at home for more Thirteen Thursday.
Posted by Kael,Maddie and Sage at 3:03 PM